Meaningful Jobs Initative
The May Institute in collaboration with WORK Inc. are training individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to enter the robust Security Industry. Research shows that many people with ASD have greater focusing skills for certain types of tasks than neurotypical counterparts, yet an estimated 90% of these adults are either unemployed or underemployed. The Meaningful Jobs Initiative will help to prepare individuals with ASD navigate the interviewing process, assist with background checks and learn the job based competencies associated with security screening.
We are seeking individuals with ASD interested in a career in security and screening to participate in this “Meaningful Jobs Initiative”.
Interested Participants must;
- Have a documented ASD Diagnosis
- Possess a high school diploma
- Be able to self-transport
- Live in a geographic proximity that they can reasonably travel to Boston
- Have an interest in the Security Screening field
- Want to pursue part-time or full time employment
- Be able to pass a Security Background screening
If you or someone you know is interested complete the form below. If you have questions, please email Julianne O'Toole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 617-691-1709.