STRIDES DAY HABILITIATION
Strides Day Habilitation Program is a dynamic and progressive day program funded by the Massachusetts Department of Medical Assistance that provides quality services for a diverse group of adults with disabilities.
Our team of dedicated and professional staff are committed to helping participants achieve their highest potential through:
- American Sign Language
- Art Therapy
- Case Management
- Counseling/Behavioral Services
- Health and Wellness Program
- Music Therapy
- Occupational Therapy (Consultative)
- Physical Therapy (Consultative)
- Speech Therapy (Consultative)
In addition to therapeutic services, individuals participate in a wide selection of enriching activities that include:
- Arts and Crafts
- Current Events
- Dance Groups
- Music Performance
- Scrap booking
- Yoga and Meditation
- Cooking and Baking Groups
- Walking Groups
- Community Outings
Our Day Habilitation offers special events throughout the year:
- Barnyard Babies
- Acapella Music Groups
- Police Department Guest Speakers
- Special Movie Showings
- Ballroom Dancing
Daily activities are developed to promote independence, social inclusion, personal safety, self-confidence, life satisfaction, positive interpersonal relationships, and optimum health. The program is open Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. except on holidays.
The process for referral to Strides involves:
- Contact Elsbeth Clifford for application form.
- Sending the completed application form, referral for services form, general medical form and emergency fact sheet.
- Providing additional documentation e.g. an active MassHealth card, current psychological and physical reports and the most recent ISP, if available.
- Scheduling an intake interview and program tour.